Amplify is a new theme available for Tumblr, built especially for bands and musicians in mind as it can integrate with the following third party applications:
- HTML5 Music player of songs from your Soundcloud account
- Bandcamp player for any album of your choice
- Link to up to three albums on the iTunes store
- Show upcoming shows via Songkick or Bands in Town
- Connect with Facebook and Twitter
- Display photos from Flickr and Instagram
- Display Merchandise items from your Big Cartel shop
- Newsletter sign up integration with Mailchimp
- Use custom fonts from Typekit
- An additional three more custom widgets for anything you’d like (e.g. Youtube embeds)
As well as all those awesome features, Amplify Theme also includes over 80+ customization options so that your Tumblr website can be styled to suit your needs.
Install Amplify Theme.
Amplify theme now supports showing upcoming shows from Bands in Town. To show upcoming shows in the sidebar, simply enter your Artist Name into the Bands in Town Artist Name field.
By default the number of shows that will be displayed is a maximum of 5. To change this, enter a different number in the Number of Bands in Town Shows on Sidebar textfield. If you leave it blank, it will display all your upcoming shows. To change the title (default is “Upcoming shows”), change the text in the Bands in Town Title textfield.
Amplify has just been updated - here’s what’s new:
Show Share Links on Index Page
You can now show your share links on the index page as well as permalink pages, just select “Show Share Links On Index”.
Facebook Subscribe, Twitter Follow and Google Plus buttons
These will appear just above the copyright on the sidebar. Unfortunately I can’t do much to fix Google’s large and obtrusive badge.
Show Instagram thumbnails
Instagram on the sidebar currently just displays the latest image posted. Select “Show Instagram Thumbnails” to have the last eight images display instead.
Amplify theme has just been updated! Here’s what’s in store:
More header customization options
You can now customize the header / feature / navigation much more with the following options:
- Remove padding on container (this means that the navigation bar and feature image will go right up to the side of the container). Example.
- No spacing on feature image (this will mean the feature image will have no spacing between it and the navigation below, as well as the header or top of the page). Example (this example also includes no padding on container).
- Place the nav over the the feature image. Selecting this option will place the navigation over the bottom of the feature image and have a transparent background. Example (this example also includes no spacing on feature image and no padding on container).
- Feature image height. This size is in pixels and the default set is 250. The width will always remain 940px. So you can now create feature images that suit your look and feel!
Bandcamp icon has been added to the social bar and the last.fm icon has changed from requiring a username to a full Last.fm url. This is so that you can link to artist pages and not just user accounts.
More iTunes and Custom Widgets
You can now add up to two more iTunes album links (so three in total now). The album artwork for the first link will use the first album artwork. You can upload additional artwork for the second and third iTunes links.
Two more custom widgets have been added too, so there is now three in total! So you can go crazy now with your Youtube/Vimeo embeds etc.
CSS3 animations have been introduced for all opacity hovers. The navigation will now show an active colour if that item is the last selected and you can also remove the home link from the navigation menu.
Don’t forget, if you’re using Custom HTML you won’t automatically receive the update. See here for more info: http://amplifytheme.tumblr.com/updates
Amplify theme now supports Mailchimp so you can have an newsletter sign up form in your sidebar.
To find out how to set this up, follow the instructions for Mailchimp on the theme guide: http://amplifytheme.tumblr.com/theme-guide#thirdParty
Please note: this update will only apply if you’re not using Custom HTML. See more here: http://amplifytheme.tumblr.com/updates
A common request from users of Amplify theme was to include support for Instagram photos on the sidebar. I’m happy to announce that support for Instagram is included with the next update which should roll out over the next couple of days.
Unlike other third party integeration apps (e.g. Twitter, Soundcloud) where you just need to enter your username, Instagram requires you to authorize Amplify Theme to have access to your photos.
So if you’d like to include your most recent Instagram photo on your sidebar, please follow these steps:
1. Head to this page to allow Amplify Theme to access your Instagram profile (you may need to log in to Instagram in order to do this).
2. You’ll be redirected to a page which will have your unique access token. Copy that and paste it into the “Instagram Access Token” field in your theme’s customize settings.
3. You’ll now have your latest photo + caption displayed on the sidebar in Amplify theme.
With theme updates, if you use custom html you will need to apply the theme again in order to get the update.